I am writing for myself and strangers. This is the only way that I can do it... Gertrude Stein

1/09/2005

Year End Meme

Ah, Memes, Perfect for A Lazy Sunday Afternoon. Stolen from Keri.

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
  • organized a fundraiser for a friend who had had a massive stroke
  • started my blog, plus Linda's blog, which kept many people in touch. Selina got me started on the whole blogging business, after I stumbled across hers one late night.
  • made Karl start a blog.
  • Went to Florida.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make them, so yes, I kept them*. But I have been thinking about writing down some goals for this year.

I'll let you know.

*Edited to reflect Don's logic.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, my sister-in-law gave birth to my nephew, Devon.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, praise God. But I may not be so lucky this year, as we have a friend who is dying on liver/stomach cancer.

I lost two beloved kitties, though.

5. What countries did you visit?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
More personal investment and daily energy in my job.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 8, 2004, when it became utterly clear that Linda was Locked In. I keep telling her that none of us are really over that yet-- except her.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The amount of money we raised in that fundraiser, which still isn't public knowledge. But I know-- at least, I have an estimate. Only Don knows for sure.

9. What was your biggest failure?
Hmm... not for blog consumption, I think, though scroll through the archives and you'll figure it out, I think.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing major, thank goodness.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Fifty million Orthodox Icons-- though, probably not the best for my pocketbook.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Dereck's-- always.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Dubya's. All the time.

14. Where did most of your money go?
My guess would be icons and books. Hard to say really, and if I actually added it up, I might sink into a depression that would be hard to climb out of.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My spiritual journey.

16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Probably anything from the Garden State Soundtrack.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? a little bit of both. probably sadder.
b) thinner or fatter? same, unfortunately.
c) richer or poorer? poorer, but that is okay.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Reading and writing.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Aimless internet surfing.

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Dereck and the children on Highland Farm.

22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Stayed in love.

23. How many one-night stands?
Zero.

24. What was your favorite TV program?
ER, though I wish Noah Wyle would just QUIT already.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I'm not big on hate, so, no.

26. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm... The Cloister Walk and A Circle of Quiet.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Garden State soundtrack.

28. What did you want and get?
A ring from Dereck, and Xanadu the movie.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Before Sunset, Garden State, and Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. (I am tired of linking now).

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I don't remember what I did on my birthday. I was 35.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not for blog consumption.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
Jeans. T-shirts. Tevas. COMFORT... (for work: lots of black with white cat hair).

34. What kept you sane?
Dereck. Seriously.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
ColinFirthLiamNeesonAlanRickmanHughGrantEthanHawke


36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Gay marriage, followed closely by the atrocities in Iraq.

37. Who did you miss?
My parents. And my kids sometimes when they were gone for extended periods. Dereck when he was out of town.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Whom I had never met before? I met Michelle and Pie in Seattle last summer.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
I need to trust my instincts.

Blog Archive