I am writing for myself and strangers. This is the only way that I can do it... Gertrude Stein

8/03/2004

Don't Forget to Get Out and VOTE, Missouri!

I stole this from Beth's blog, but I am giving her full credit and props for it. Way to GO! I stole it simply because it expresses my views exactly. Amen.

Conservatives and the Religious Right are attempting to sanction the discrimination of gays and lesbians by creating a constitutional amendment to the Missouri State Constitution that says "marriage shall exist only between a man and a woman."

I don't understand how it is that others can blindly hate someone purely because of something that is beyond that person's control. Whether it be sexual orientation, the color of one's skin, a person's birthplace, the religion a person was born into or some sort of physical handicap, why can't we all just let each other live our lives without judgment or fear? I can't bring myself to believe that it is "human nature" for humans to constantly live in conflict with one another. Maybe I have this unrealistic utopian view on the world, but I just want all of the hatred, violence, ignorance and threats to stop.

I went and voted on my lunch hour with Dereck and then two Republican twits with gray hair came in and canceled out our votes.