I am writing for myself and strangers. This is the only way that I can do it... Gertrude Stein

10/29/2004

Confessions...

I probably will not be submitting word counts to NaNoWriMo, because that will not be honest. I will, however, probably post my ongoing work here. (I just posted the first chapter).

Let me just explain and confess right here, right now. I am not actually going to be writing a novel. I am taking advantage of the month, the structure, the moral support, and the pressure to jump start my own memoir. But I'd be lying if I said I haven't been working on it already. And I am not going to take time away from it to write a novel right now.

So, as you can see, I cannot really go ahead and submit word counts to be a "winner" with NaNoWriMo, but I will be writing and sweating along with the rest of you.

But I had to confess from the get go.

Comments?