I am writing for myself and strangers. This is the only way that I can do it... Gertrude Stein

2/01/2005

Colds

I was talking on the phone in between moaning and nose-blowing today, and the person on the other line told me that had I should probably quit smoking.

He believes that my smoking makes me particularly susceptible to upper respiratory infections.

I have heard this before.

But the fact that I was hearing it from the President of the National Lung Association/Utah perhaps gave it a little more weight.

And the fact that he knows my medical history almost as well as I do added some authority to it too.

Of course, the fact that he is my father doesn't hurt either.

Thanks for the books, Dad-- Sam was very excited about Hoot, in particular.

Tom, we got the box of things Joyce sent today too! Thank you!

Blog Archive